Monday, October 26, 2009

Mind rattling thoughts

This will be a boring post.. mainly just my mind rattling around with thoughts. I love this time of year. The temperature in NC drops to where it is comfortable and pleasant. The trees are now showing their beautiful colors. I love driving along the roads and watch the intensity of yellow, orange, greens and red change with each tree or even on the same tree. I love the colors of pumpkins and mums...I am in awe of the beautiful world the Lord provided for us.

I looked out of my window this morning and saw Bob, the groundhog, sitting on the step to the shed. He was checking out my lawn to see if there was anything good to eat. I kinda even felt warmly toward old Bob today. I thought about how I groan when I look at the tunnels he has dug to get to my yard but then think of the moose Jodi faces in her yard in Alaska and Bob doesn't seem so bad.

I have been thinking about this past year which I will not put high on my list of years to remember . (Except for Stephanie and West coming into our family!!!)

I need to stop groaning and moaning so much. I now go to work and instead of getting to laugh at someone pooping in my chair, I get to watch people come into the clinic three times a week to hook up to the artificial kidney and have their blood cleaned and the fluid removed. Most of them either have only one leg or no legs due to diabetes, hypertension and renal failure. I watch as their blood circulates outside of their body and into the tubing on this dialysis machine and marvel at how intricate our bodies are. I marvel at what the Lord has provided us as temples to house our spirits in while on earth. The mechanism of our bodies, just our kidneys alone, requires so many scientific principles. Osmosis, diffusion, electrolytes etc.... It just amazes me and I don't think I am grateful enough.

I have been thinking of how I can make next year better and make better choices. What can I do to have an impact on those around me like my friends have an impact on me.
I have been trying to come up with my 2010 motto and I finally found it today. I wish I could say I found it in the scriptures but no, maybe there is something in the scriptures like it you will have find it and share it with me. I wish I had thought it up but no I found it on one of those silly things that get passed around by e-mail.

My 2010 motto is :


To be the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning Satan says "Oh crap, she's up."

I think I can do a lot with that one.
What is your motto for 2010, I would like to know.

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

I don't know if I have a motto, but I've been watching the Biggest Loser and Abby sure inspired me to just live life. I don't want these crazy childhood days to pass with me sitting at the computer and telling the kids, "Just give me one more minute." So... maybe I'll go with an old classic. Do it. Do it right. Do it right now. Yep, I think that will be my motto for 2010. Thanks for getting me thinking about it. Sorry it took me so long to come up with something.

LOVE YOU!!!!!